Another item that is on the ballot is the renewal of the Physical Plant & Equipment Levy (PPEL). Some of the items that this fund allows us to fund are Technology, Buses, Roofs, Maintenance, Musical Instruments/Equipment, Copiers and Building Equipment. Please remember that this is not a new tax but a renewal.
If you have any questions on any of these items, please feel free to contact Lindsey Beecher, Superintendent at 515-232-3740.
In-person absentee voting for the upcoming School Election (Tuesday, September 8) began August 12th in the Auditor’s Office, Story County Administration Building, 900 6th St., Nevada. Signs are posted around the Administration Building to direct voters. Anyone in the Gilbert school district may cast a ballot during regular office hours (Monday – Friday, 8 am to 5 pm). Sample ballots are posted in the hallway outside the office.
· Wednesday, August 12: Voting begins in the Auditor's Office.
· Friday, August 28: Voter pre-registration deadline at 5 pm. After today, Election Day Registration rules apply.
· Friday, September 4: Deadline to request a mailed absentee ballot. Last day for Ames CSD residents to vote in-person in the Auditor’s Office.
· Saturday, September 5: Mailed ballots must be postmarked no later than today in order to be considered (date moved to Saturday due to federal Labor Day holiday).
· Monday, September 7: LABOR DAY – County offices are closed.
· Tuesday, September 8: Election Day. Voters in all school districts except Ames may vote in the Auditor’s Office between 8 am and 11 am. Ames polls open at 7 am. All others open at 12 noon. All polling locations close at 8 pm. List of polling places.
· Friday, September 11 : County Canvass of Votes (results certified)
Requests for a mailed absentee ballot will be processed and mailed daily (requests received after early afternoon are processed the next day).
Do you want to print only a few pages from the monthly newsletter? Do you prefer to read the newsletter on the computer? You can subscribe to the E-Newsletter and stop receiving a paper copy. To subscribe, click on the Newsletter link on the home page of the Gilbert CSD website.